People age. That is inevitable. The best people can do about it, is slow it down through properly taking care of the skin and body. Having beautiful and young-looking skin does not only mean a pleasant appearance but it can also indicate good health. However, with stress and pollution that is always present in the environment, it can be very challenging for people to achieve. Still, there are ways to manage it and below are seven tips that you can follow.
1. Antioxidants. Food rich with anti-oxidants are great for the skin as it cleanses the skin from the inside. Always make a habit of eating food that is rich with those nutrients such as dark leafy greens, richly colored leafy greens like broccoli, spinach, drumstick leaves, small red bean, wild blueberry, red kidney bean, pinto bean, blueberry, cranberry, artichoke, blackberry, prune, raspberry, strawberry, red apple, pecan, sweet cherry, black plum, russet potato, black bean, and plum.
2. Water. It can also help keep the skin look good. The water in the skin serves as a protective barrier to prevent excess fluid loss. Too much fluid loss or dehydration can make your skin dry and wrinkled. Be sure to be properly hydrated to avoid experiencing wrinkles and dry skin.
3. Moisturizer. Moisturizers are good to help lock the moisture in your skin. There are different moisturizers that you can take advantage in the market. The organic the moisturizers are, the better.
Also, If you have been constantly battling with fine lines, stretch marks, scars, dryness, and uneven skin tone, shea butter is great. It is even commended to cure serious skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis according to medical experts.
4. Sun protection. According to a British Association of Dermatologists survey, sun protection can keep the skin look younger. Exposure to the sun affects the elastin in the skin that can lead to wrinkles and sun-induced skin aging and worst, skin cancer. Make sure you have sun protection every time you head out especially if you are in a tropical country.
5. Vices. It would do you much favor to minimize or better quit your vices like smoking and drinking alcohol. Studies have shown that smoking can reduce the skin’s natural elasticity through promoting the breakdown of collagen and reducing the amount that is produced. Collagen is a protein which helps skin strength. Drinking alcohol, on the other hand, can make your body and skin dehydrated making the skin look old and tired.
For more information, check here